|Milk powder||2 Tbsp|
|Water( luke warm)||Almost 1 cup for dough.|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||4 Tbsp|
|Chicken(Bone less)||½ cup (2inch strips )|
|Onion||1 medium(Round sliced)|
|Capsicum||1 medium(Round sliced)|
|Tomato||1 medium(Square sliced)|
|Carrot||1 medium(Square sliced)|
|Ice Burge||1 medium(Square sliced)|
|Red beans||2Tbsp (Boiled)|
|Garlic||1Chick piece (finely chopped)|
|Crushed Black paper||1Tsp|
Note: Keep all vegetables (pieces) in a chilled water bowl resting while working further. This gives the chucky flavor to the vegie filling.
Making of Dough:
- Take a bowl and put flour and yeast together. Mix well enough so to attain a good dough.
Note: Yeast should be instant, it is useable rite into the flour without resting it by mixing in hot water.
- Put all dry ingredients, salt and milk powder together in this flour and mix well.
- Add beaten egg and oil. Mix well.
- Gently add water into it and keep mixing gently through to form a neat dough.
Note: Don’t over mix in this stage as yeast must have started to form and tapping a lot can kill the yeast to form.
- Set aside to rest for 2hours maximum.
- When the dough is ready and raised, make around 6 inches Pitta Bread (rotties) on a very slow flame in a nonstick pan. You can refer to the picture attached.
- Slice them into two from the center and keep it aside to get cool.
Making of Filling
In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, Garlic and Ketchup altogether and mix to make an orange dip.
- In a separate bowl mix all vegetables, a little of olive oil and crushed black pepper and mix well.
- Add vinegar in it and give a last mix and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add a bit of garlic, a pinch of salt, vinegar and black pepper. Put chicken pieces in it, mix well and keep in the fridge for 30 min.
- In a preheated pan on slow flame add 2Tbsp of oil and add chicken in it.
- Fry till brown and roosted to both sides.
- Take a piece of pitta and fill it with ready chicken and vegetable mix.
Note: Don’t over fill or handle tightly, it may cause it to split in chunks later.
- Put orange sauce in it, make sure all filling is dipped with this sauce.
- Add mustard sauce at the last.
Note: I like to add BBQ sauce (ready) also with it which is not in the original recipe. You can modify it with any other sauce and add up’s, such as chees, and etc.
- Serve as ready.